Sunday, January 26, 2020

High School, Chapter 1

Today's my fourteenth birthday.  My parents took me to Benihana's to celebrate.  Good choice!  I ate a lot: salad, miso soup, fried rice, Chateaubriand and shrimp.  I enjoyed it all.

Some months ago I finished middle school.  It was an okay experience, but I know I can do better.

Next week I start high school, as a freshman.  It's the start of a new phase of my life.  I'm determined to have it all, at least the way I define all.  

All for me is to decide what I want and then to go after it with gusto.  

What do I want?  To be a top student, to make the freshman baseball team and finally to have a good social life, especially with girls.  Is that too much to ask?  

What could get in my way?  One thing I have to deal with aggressively is self-confidence.  Without it, I'm lost.  With it, I can accomplish anything.

But how do I get it?  Ah, there's the rub

   

1 comment: