Sunday, June 28, 2020

High School, Chapter 6

The weekend brought a respite from the ups and downs of high school.  I needed a break, to think of something else.  And that something else was baseball.

Tryouts for the freshman baseball team would not start until next March, but I wanted to start practicing to improve my chances.  

Dad took me to the park on Saturday to play catch.  We gradually lengthened the distance between us to build up my arm strength.  But, I didn't want to over do it.  It's September, I have six months.

Then he hit me grounders, first some easy ones and then gradually those more difficult.  After a rest and some sandwiches, we worked on catching line drives and fly balls.   Next Saturday, Dad promised to take me to a batting cage.  

Sunday afternoon, the whole family went to a minor league baseball game not far from home.  It was a great baseball weekend.  

Take me out to the ballgame, 
take out to the crowd,
buy me some peanuts and ...

Why do I keep thinking about Delores?

No comments:

Post a Comment