Sunday, August 30, 2020

High School, Chapter 8

When it rains, it pours.  When I arrive at school Thursday morning, I see Delores and Ann standing near each other at the student entrance.  They don't know each other, but they have something in common.  They are both waving for me to come over.  What a dilemma!

As I approach Delores and Ann, they start unilaterally walking towards me.  The three of us finally converge.  What to do?  I don't want to show favoritism to either.  So...

Bennie:  Hi, girls.  What's goin' on?

They both start talking at the same time and then stop.  I try to help.

Bennie:  Okay, who goes first?

Delores:  I will.

Ann grimaces.

Delores:  You know we got a Portuguese quiz tomorrow.  Come over to my house after school and help me study.  Okay?

Bennie:  Okay.

Delores:  Thanks.  See ya!

She quickly exits the scene.

Ann:  Who was that?

Bennie:  A girl in my Portuguese class.

Ann:  So I gathered.  Say Bennie, I'm having a party at my house tomorrow night at 7:30.  Can you come?  Please say yes.

Bennie:  Yes.  Can I bring anything? 

Ann:  Just some dance records, if you'd like.  See ya.

I'm on cloud nine the rest of the day.  And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment