Sunday, October 25, 2020

High School, Chapter 10

After school Friday, I hurry home to take a shower.  This will be my first party at a girl's house.  I need to relax, but it ain't gonna be easy.

What to wear?  Don't want to look too nerdy.  Mom makes a suggestion.  Terrible!  Not that!

I have a quick bite to eat.  Not a lot.  Don't want to feel bloated, not starving either.

I pick out a few records to bring.  Hope Ann approves.

I'm on my way.  My stomach's in knots.  

I arrive at her door and knock.  Ann answers.  She's adorable, with make-up, a pretty, short dress and her hair dolled up.  She has a big smile on, warmly greeting me.

I enter her house.  Party's in her family's finished basement.  Nicely decorated for the occasion.  Cool!  

There's 12 of us, six boys and six girls.  I know about half of each and am introduced to the rest.  All the girls are cute, but Ann's the best.

There's pizza and Coke.  I eat a slice and take a sip.  

The music starts and everybody's hesitant at first.  Then, Ann says the girls should pick their partners for the first dance.  After, it will be the boys turn, but it can't be with the same partner.  Good idea.  By evening's end, I danced at least once with all the girls.  Ann's the best.  

After many records, we're all tired and we stop, eat, drink some more...and talk...and laugh.  Everybody's real nice...made some new friends...great party.

At night's end, when we're all leaving, Ann asks me to stick around for a minute.  What for, I don't know.  When we're finally alone, she puts her arms around my neck and gives me a kiss on my lips.  Holy cow!  

Something in my heart told me I must have you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment