Saturday, November 28, 2020

High School, Chapter 11

 It's Saturday morning and I'm in a great mood.  Who wouldn't be after Ann's party last night?  And the kiss.  Maybe I should call her.

The phone rings.  Could it be Ann?  Unbelievable!

"Bennie?"

"Yeah."

"It's Beulah.  How are ya?"

I'm surprised.  I wasn't expecting this.  

"Fine.  What's goin' on?"

I hear giggling in the background.

"Look, Alexandra and Carla are here and we're gonna make some chocolate cakes for a bake sale at the church.  Wanna come and help?"

Wow!  Chocolate cakes and girls!  I can't miss this.

"Sure.  I'll be right over."

More giggling in the background.

After I arrive, they put an apron on me and I'm put to work.  Together we bake three big chocolate cakes with plenty of chocolate frosting.  We eat and lick some of the leftovers.  There's a lot of giggling goin' on.

I woke up this morning, 

I had to laugh 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment