Sunday, April 25, 2021

Two Women, Chapter 4

So, "Who's Monica?," Mona had asked Ted.  Was this a big mistake on his part or a little one easily explained away?  Time for a quick decision by Ted.

"Did I say 'Monica?'  Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," replied Mona in a calm voice.

"Well, I apologize for that.  Let me think.  The only Monica I know is...a dentist I used once while traveling on business."

"Seems she made a big impression on you."

"She did fix a bad tooth ache, but please let's not make a big deal out of it.  How 'bout dinner Saturday night?"

"Are you trying to change the subject?"

"Maybe."

"Was she beautiful?"

"Was she beautiful?  I dunno.  Maybe."

"Where's she a dentist?"

"North Carolina."

"That's a big state.  Remember the city?"

"Ah...Chapel Hill."

"Maybe I should go there when I need a dentist.  What d'ya think, Ted?"

"Maybe.  So, what about dinner Saturday night, Mona?"

"Maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment