Sunday, September 18, 2022

Abraham's Son, Chapter 9

 EXT. IN BACK OF BAR ­ NIGHT

SARA and DAVE light cigarettes and smoke them in silence.  Then DAVE gets closer to SARA. 

DAVE: You know, you really turn me on.  

SARA: What's that supposed to mean? 

DAVE leans forward taking hold of SARA's shoulders and attempts to kiss her.  SARA at first hesitates, but after their lips awkwardly touch, she accepts his kiss and responds gently.

SARA: That was nice.  But, don't get the wrong idea.  I'm not fucking you tonight.  We just met.  

DAVE: Calm down.  Who said I wanted to fuck you?  I just wanted to see how you kiss. 

SARA: So, what do ya think? 

DAVE: Not sure yet.

They kiss again, this time in a mutual embrace.  However, DAVE starts touching SARA's breasts.  She is startled. 

SARA: Okay, fella, that's enough.  Back off. 

DAVE: No problem.  I thought you'd want it. 

SARA: Not tonight.  We just got introduced.  (pause)  Why don't we go back inside and you buy me another beer.

DAVE: Sure. 

SARA and DAVE re­enter the bar.

EXT. IN FRONT OF SYNAGOGUE ­ DAY 

It's next Saturday morning.  ABRAHAM waits outside synagogue before religious services are scheduled to begin.  Finally, he sees SANDY approaching.  He walks toward her. 

ABRAHAM: SANDY, gut shabbos. 

SANDY: Gut shabbos, ABRAHAM.  Nice to see you again.

ABRAHAM: Look, I'm sorry for my behavior last Sunday.  I was rude.  I know you were only trying to be friendly.  That's an area I have difficulty talking about.  I hope you'll forgive me. 

SANDY: Of course I forgive you. 

ABRAHAM: Thank you.  (pause) I owe you for the wonderful food I ate at your open house.  How about having dinner with me some time? 

SANDY: That would be wonderful. 

ABRAHAM: When's good for you? 

SANDY 8:00 tonight. 

ABRAHAM: (hesitating) I'll pick you up.  Shall we go inside?

SANDY: I'd love to.

SANDY and ABRAHAM enter the synagogue together.

_________

I will be on vacation the next two Sundays.  The next blog post will be October 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment