Sunday, May 21, 2023

Abraham's Son, Chapter 17

 INT. ABRAHAM'S KITCHEN - NIGHT

Two weeks later, ABRAHAM removes lasagna from oven at same time there is a knock on front door.  He puts lasagna on table, grabs flowers and heads toward front door.

INT. BY FRONT DOOR OF ABRAHAM'S HOUSE - NIGHT

ABRAHAM opens front door.  SARA enters and shows a poker face, no expression.

ABRAHAM:  Here's some flowers for you.

SARA:  Oh, thanks.  They're beautiful...Well, what do you want first, good news or bad news?

ABRAHAM:  Good news.

SARA:  I'm pregnant.  Congratulations, Dad.

They embrace and kiss each other on the cheek.

ABRAHAM:  I couldn't be happier, SARA...What was the bad news?

SARA:  No more fucking.

INT. ABRAHAM'S KITCHEN - NIGHT

ABRAHAM and SARA eat lasagna and discuss the future.

SARA:  The lasagna's good...but, I'm not Italian.  What do I know?

ABRAHAM:  I'm glad you like it, but let's talk about the future.  I'm going to pay for everything.  Have you chosen an OB-GYN yet?  

SARA:  No.

ABRAHAM:  Let me get a recommendation and then we'll make an appointment.  I want to go to all the doctor's visits.  I can pick you up and bring you back.  I want to make this as pain free for you as possible.  

SARA:  Pain free.  Yeah!  

ABRAHAM:  Also, any food supplements, vitamins, whatever the doctor recommends, I'll pay for.  You have to carry the baby, but I want to take care of you...Oh, if and when you decide, you can come here to live.  I have two more bedrooms, one for you and one for the baby.  There'll come a time when you can't work.  Also, I'll want to make sure you're okay and living here will help with that, but it's your decision.

SARA:  You're very kind, ABRAHAM.  We'll work it out together.

_________

Next blog post will be in two weeks on June 4, 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment