Sunday, June 25, 2023

Abraham's Son, Chapter 18

 INT. DOCTOR'S OFFICE - DAY

ABRAHAM and SARA are in doctor's (OB-GYN) office after she has been examined by doctor.

DOCTOR:  Well, as you already know, SARA, you are pregnant, very early stages.  Congratulations to you both.  Based upon my examination today, all is well.  For the time being, I'll want to see you once a month.  Please read this pamphlet with all my recommendations.    

Doctor hands copy of pamphlet to both.

DOCTOR:  Any questions?

ABRAHAM and SARA shake their heads no.

DOCTOR:  You can schedule your future appointments with my receptionist. 

INT. BLUE BAY DINER - DAY

ABRAHAM enters diner the following Saturday morning.  SARA works at the counter.  ABRAHAM sits down in front of her.

SARA:  Morning, ABRAHAM.  How are ya?

ABRAHAM:  More important, how are you?

SARA:  Good...good.  What can I get ya?

ABRAHAM:  Bacon and eggs, toast and OJ.

SARA:  Coming right up.

SARA head into kitchen and passes her friend, MARIA.  SARA whispers in her ear.

SARA:  I'm pregnant.

MARIA:  (whispering back) Wow!  What are ya gonna do?

SARA:  (whispering) I'm gonna have it.

MARIA smiles and gives SARA a hug.  Then MARIA shrugs her shoulders.

MARIA:  (whispering) Who's the guy?

SARA points at ABRAHAM.  MARIA walks towards ABRAHAM, leans across counter and gives him a kiss before returning to work.  ABRAHAM is surprised.

SUPERIMPOSE:  WEEKS LATER

Weeks later, at the diner, RESTAURANT MANAGER approaches SARA, who is beginning to show, while she is on a break.

RESTAURANT MANAGER:  SARA, I apologize, but I need to ask you a personal question.

SARA:  Yeah, I'm pregnant.  I wanna keep my job until I can't do it no more.  Then I'll quit.  Okay?

He nods his approval.

INT. EXAMINING ROOM AT DOCTOR'S OFFICE - DAY

SARA is undergoing ultrasound.  ABRAHAM is there as well.  Doctor points to the monitor for them to see fetus.

DOCTOR:  Well, as you can see, you have a son.  Congratulations.

SARA and ABRAHAM look at each other.

SARA:  I'm sure that's what you wanted all along.

ABRAHAM:  I'm very happy we're gonna have a boy.

He kisses her on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment