INT. INSIDE RANCH HOUSE - NIGHT
POLLYANNA arrives at her ranch and quietly enters house and goes to bedroom separate from BIG DAN's. She enters bedroom and quickly locks door behind her. Soon, BIG DAN arrives at bedroom door and tries to open locked door, but can not. He is angry and frustrated. He yells, but to no avail.
EXT. STREET - DAY
PALADIN walks the streets of Windfall till he comes to the store of GRACE and CHARLES. He enters store.
INT. STORE - DAY
PALADIN enters store. GRACE is busy with customer. PALADIN and GRACE make eye contact. She gives him a big blushing smile. He nods.
GRACE: I'll be with you soon, Deputy.
PALADIN: Take your time.
PALADIN looks around the store for a minute till customer leaves store.
GRACE: Good morning, PALADIN. I'm so happy to see you. I was hoping you would come.
PALADIN: Good morning, GRACE. How are you?
GRACE: Wonderful. I'm so full of hope today. And it's all your doing. Thank you.
PALADIN: Don't thank me. You deserve to feel good about yourself.
GRACE: And I do.
CHARLES comes out of his office and sees PALADIN and GRACE talking.
CHARLES (to PALADIN): I thought I heard your voice. What are you doing here?
PALADIN: Just doing my rounds as Deputy Sheriff. GRACE tells me there has been no trouble. Glad to hear.
CHARLES: So you'll be leaving now. I'm sure you have responsibilities elsewhere.
PALADIN: Just tell me there has been no trouble.
CHARLES: None. Now please go.
Just then, BIG DAN enters store. He goes up to CHARLES and punches him in the face, knocking him to the floor. GRACE screams in terror. PALADIN races to intervene.
BIG DAN (to CHARLES): Don't go near POLLYANNA again or you'll get worse.
PALADIN (to BIG DAN): That's enough. Now, get outta here.
BIG DAN (to PALADIN): Maybe I oughta hit you for what happened in San Francisco.
GRACE, while tending to CHARLES, shows curiosity about what BIG DAN meant by reference to San Francisco.
PALADIN (to BIG DAN): I would not advise that. Now, get going before I decide to arrest you for assault.
BIG DAN grudgingly heads for door. CHARLES gets to his feet.
CHARLES (to BIG DAN): Next time, you'll not be able to walk away, you oaf. They will have to carry you out.
PALADIN (to CHARLES): Shut up. Do not make this any worse.
PALADIN pushes BIG DAN out the door before he can respond.
CHARLES (to PALADIN): Now you can leave, too. I can take care of myself.
PALADIN follows BIG DAN out the door. GRACE helps CHARLES.
GRACE (to CHARLES): Are you all right? What can I do for you?
CHARLES: I'm okay. What's with PALADIN? I heard you talking to him.
GRACE: Oh! He is such a nice man. I like him very much. I wish he would stay in Windfall.
CHARLES: Don't you know he is just a travelling gunfighter...a killer.
GRACE: He's a gentleman. He has culture...an education.
CHARLES: You seem awfully fond of him.
GRACE: What of it. Do you care?
CHARLES: I am suspicious.
GRACE: Jealous?
CHARLES: Not at all.
GRACE: Really?
No comments:
Post a Comment