Sunday, September 27, 2026

Paladin, Chapter 23

 EXT. STREET - DAY

PALADIN catches up with BIG DAN.

PALADIN: Are you trying to provoke CHARLES?

BIG DAN:  Well, if you will not kill him, I gotta do it.

PALADIN:  It might not end up as you think it will.

BIG DAN:  I gotta defend what is mine.  I am not worried about a cripple.

PALADIN:  What is yours?  If your wife prefers another man, you cannot really keep her.  Find a woman who wants you.

BIG DAN:  That is bullshit.  POLLYANNA is mine.  With CHARLES out of the way, she will come back to me.  I know it.  There have been others,

PALADIN:  That is just it.  There will always be others.  She will never be yours.

BIG DAN:  It is none of your fucking business.  Stay outta my way.

BIG DAN walks away from PALADIN.  BIG DAN gets on his horse and rides away towards his ranch.  



No comments:

Post a Comment