Sunday, July 25, 2021

Two Women, Chapter 7

Monica arrives at Memorial Hall five minutes before Mona's performance is about to begin.  She takes her seat near the front of the half-filled auditorium.

Right on time, Mona comes on stage to polite applause.  Her eyes meet Monica's and they smile again, friendlier this time.

Mona flawlessly performs Rachmaninoff's Piano Concert 2.  After, the audience applauds with more enthusiasm.  Monica with some others give Mona a standing ovation.

While the rest head for the exits, Monica heads back stage to visit Mona in her dressing room.  She knocks on the door.  

Mona:  Come in.

Monica enters.

Mona:  I was hoping I would see you again.  Did you enjoy my performance?

Monica:  Very much.  Thanks for the ticket.  Perhaps I can buy you a drink.  What do you say?

Mona:  Why not?  Isn't there a bar at the Carolina Inn?  That's where I'm staying.

Monica:  That's where I was thinking.

Mona:  Give me ten minutes to change.

Monica starts to leave.

Mona:  No, please stay.  We can chat while I change.

She stays.




No comments:

Post a Comment