Sunday, April 23, 2023

Abraham's Son, Chapter 16

 INT. ABRAHAM'S KITCHEN - DAY

It is next morning and ABRAHAM and SARA eat pancakes and drink coffee.  She wears same clothes she came wearing night before and he is in his pajamas.

SARA:  These pancakes are pretty good...maybe better than Blue Bay.

ABRAHAM:  And you're eating them with real maple syrup, not that fake stuff they have at most places...so, when can you know if you're pregnant?

SARA:  In two weeks, I'll get one of those test kits at the Duane Reade.  Then, I'll know.  I'll be back on Thursday the week after next...for dinner.  Okay?  And you can make your lasagna again.  This time I'll eat it.

ABRAHAM nods his approval.

SARA:  Gotta go.  Thanks for breakfast...and last night was great...glad we did it.  

ABRAHAM:  Me, too.  See you in two weeks.  Take care of yourself.

SARA rises from table, goes to door and leaves.  ABRAHAM remains at table eating.

EXT. IN FRONT OF ABRAHAM'S HOUSE - DAY

As SARA leaves, SANDY arrives at ABRAHAM's house.

SARA:  Good morning.

SANDY:  What?  Who are you?  

SARA:  You must be SANDY.  I'm SARA.  He's told me a lot about you.

SANDY:  Did you sleep with him?

SARA:  Can't tell a lie.

SANDY:  You whore.  I should slap your face.

SARA:  I wouldn't try that.  You'd regret it...A better idea would be to go in and talk to ABRAHAM.  He's got hot pancakes and coffee.

SANDY:  I will do no such thing.  I'm leaving.

SANDY heads back toward her car parked in front of house.

SARA:  If you're gonna leave, then give me a ride to my job.  I waitress at the Blue Bay Diner.  I'll even treat you to breakfast.  And we can talk about your boyfriend.

SANDY listens incredulously.

No comments:

Post a Comment