Sunday, October 29, 2023

Abraham's Son, Chapter 22

 EXT. PARK NEAR ABRAHAM'S HOUSE - DAY

ABRAHAM pushes IKE's stroller, accompanied by LIZ.  After reaching playground at park, ABRAHAM removes IKE from STROLLER, hugs and kisses him and then IKE and LIZ go to play.  ABRAHAM sits on same bench as the day before.  He nervously looks for MESSENGER in all directions.  At first he thinks he won't show which relieves ABRAHAM.  Suddenly MESSENGER appears next to him on the bench making ABRAHAM nervous.

MESSENGER:  Did you like the game last night?

ABRAHAM:  Amazing!

MESSENGER:  Well, are you convinced I am a MESSENGER from God?

ABRAHAM hesitates.

ABRAHAM:  Almost...could have been a coincidence.  

MESSENGER:  This is getting ridiculous.  I or I should say God did what you wanted and you still don't believe.

ABRAHAM:  Well, I've been thinking.  I know something that will prove 100% that you are who you say you are.  

MESSENGER:  I'm listening.

ABRAHAM:  HELEN, my...

MESSENGER:  You want to see your wife.  I get it.  Okay.  Good idea.  I...or God can arrange that.  But it is a serious decision on your part.  There will be consequences in order to arrange it.

ABRAHAM:  What consequences?

MESSENGER:  You want to see HELEN or not?  Make up your mind...now.

ABRAHAM:  What exactly are you offering?

MESSENGER:  At 10 PM tonight, you will walk into your bedroom and she will be there.  You will have one hour with her.  She's not flesh and blood, but you will be able to communicate with her.  HELEN will be as she was...the same age as when she died.  That's the deal, take it...with consequences...or leave it.

ABRAHAM:  You are promising I will have one hour with HELEN?  

MESSENGER:  Yes.

ABRAHAM:  I agree.

MESSENGER:  There will be no backing out now.  I will see you tomorrow here again at the same time.  Until then.

MESSENGER gets up and walks away.


No comments:

Post a Comment