Sunday, January 28, 2024

Abraham's Son, Chapter 25

 INT. ABRAHAM'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

After putting Ike to bed that same evening, ABRAHAM begins his study of the U.N. resolution on climate change.  This lasts for many days as the resolution is voluminous and very detailed.  He also reads as much as he can about the issue of climate change.  ABRAHAM wants to know as much as possible about climate change for when he confronts ROBERT, to beat back all of ROBERT's potential arguments.  

INT. SANCTUARY AT ABRAHAM'S SYNAGOGUE - DAY

With IKE on next Saturday morning, ABRAHAM participates in shabbos services plus prays for God's help on his mission for God.

ABRAHAM:  (whispering) Please, dear God, give me the strength to fulfill the mission you have bestowed upon me.  But, also please help me to protect the child whose life is more precious to me than my own.  

INT. BOOK STORE - DAY

With IKE, ABRAHAM is at checkout line at a local Barnes & Noble with two books for his son and two books on climate change.

INT. OFFICE OF PROFESSOR AT QUEENS COLLEGE - DAY 

ABRAHAM consults with local PROFESSOR who is an expert on climate change.

ABRAHAM:  PROFESSOR, thank you for seeing me today.  As I told you over the phone, I've been studying the U.N. resolution on climate change and I have some questions I hope you can answer.

PROFESSOR:  Sure.  I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

INT. ABRAHAM'S BEDROOM - DAY

ABRAHAM makes phone call to ROBERT's cell phone.

ROBERT SILVER (O.S.):  Hello, ROBERT SILVER.

ABRAHAM:  Yes, Robert.  It's me, ABRAHAM SHAPIRO.  How are you?

ROBERT SILVER (O.S.):  Fine...busy.

ABRAHAM:  Yes.  I understand.  Congratulations on your new position with the president.

ROBERT SILVER (O.S.):  Thanks.  I appreciate it, ABRAHAM, but I am very busy here at the White House.

ABRAHAM:  Sure, but I'd like to make an appointment to come see you at the White House.  Not a social call.  It is of great importance.

ROBERT is surprised by what ABRAHAM said.

ROBERT SILVER (O.S.):  Okay.  I'll switch you to my secretary who'll schedule an appointment.  See you soon.  

INT. ROBERT SILVER'S OFFICE - DAY

ROBERT puts ABRAHAM on hold and connects to his secretary.

ROBERT SILVER:  (talks to secretary) PHYLLIS, please schedule an appointment for my friend ABRAHAM SHAPIRO.

PHYLLIS:  Of course, Mr. Silver. (talking to ABRAHAM) Mr. Shapiro, this is PHYLLIS, Mr. SILVER's secretary.  I can put you down on the schedule for the first Tuesday, next month at 9 AM.  Is that convenient for you?

ABRAHAM (O.S.):  What?  That's almost three weeks away.

PHYLLIS:  I'm sorry, but Mr. SILVER is very busy.  Please check in at the White House gate when you arrive.  See you then.  

ABRAHAM (O.S.):  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment