Sunday, January 7, 2024

Trip to Brazil

 At approximately 6 AM on Saturday, December 23, 2023, my daughter Rachel, her husband Mike and her children Nate and Leo arrived at Guarulhos Airport, Sao Paulo, Brazil.  After picking up a rental car (Localiza), they proceeded to our apartment on Rua Conego Eugenio Leite in Pinheiros.  

At approximately 9:15 AM the same day, my son Bret and his wife Pam arrived by plane as well.  They took an Uber to get to us.  

On their arrivals I had pao de queijo for all of them, a traditional Brazilian pastry.  For lunch, Cristina ordered tortas de palmito and legumes.  She also prepared rice, beans and a salad.

I led a walking tour of our neighborhood that included our supermarket Oba and our bakery/restaurant AJ.  All were impressed.  

For dinner, we went to IT Sushi on Rua dos Pinheiros.  After, we had ice cream at Bacio di Latte.  

My grandchildren stayed overnight in our apartment.  My children and their spouses had reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn on Reboucas.

On Sunday, December 24, we all drove (in two cars) to Itapetininga.  We stopped on the way at Castelinho da Pamonha (corn store).  Next stop would be at the home of Cristina's cousin Yara and her husband Beto.  My family was received by Cristina's family with great warmth and hospitality.  We stayed overnight at the Colonial Flat Hotel (owned by Marcos and Viviane, Yara's daughter).

At Christmas, December 25, my family participated in Beach Tennis near Yara's home.  Afterwards, we all enjoyed a Christmas party at the home of Marcos and Viviane.  After lunch, my family drove to our apartment in Guaruja (Rua Benjamin Constant).

On Tuesday, December 26, my family had lunch at Glamour Restaurant.  They spent time on Pitangueras Beach, which was very crowded.  That was followed by dinner at Tahiti.

On Wednesday, December 27, all six of my family lunched at the por kilo on Benjamin Constant (Fogao Caipira).  They played Beach Tennis in the afternoon.  They dined at Avelino's.

On Thursday, December 28, my family returned to Sao Paulo.  Cristina and I plus my family lunched at Le Jazz Boulangerie on Joaquim Antunes.  After, my family took the Metro to Avenida Paulista and walked to MASP, Sao Paulo's Art Museum.  For dinner, we ordered three pizzas delivered from Margherita Pizzeria in Jardins.

On Friday, December 29, my family visited the Mercado Municipal.  They lunched on cold cut sandwiches at the restaurant there.  We all went to Borgers Burgers for dinner.

On Saturday, December 30, my family walked to Jacare Restaurant in Vila Madelena.  To get there, they passed through Cemiterio Sao Paulo which is full of beautiful sculptures.  They then visited the Beco de Batman (grafite).  After lunch, the adults then walked all the way to Rua Oscar Freire in Jardins.  At night, after dinner at AJ, Rachel, Mike, Bret and Pam went to the Skye Bar in Parque Ibirapuera for drinks and to meet a colleague of my daughter's.

On Sunday, December 31, my family lunched at Sushi Yassu in Liberdade.  Later, they Ubered to the airport for their trips home.  

I especially enjoyed hosting my grandchildren.  While at our building, the boys enjoyed playing basketball and swimming in the pool.  I will always remember preparing oatmeal every morning for Leo.  Nate skipped breakfast.     

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment